Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Adventures in Knitting

For those of you who are just sure that there could not possibly be anything adventurous about knitting, well, you're probably right, but it has its interesting moments at least.
So the adventure part is, I've been teaching P to knit, hoping that he can use it to tame his stress monster. Though at this stage I just hear him cursing at it a lot-not very stress taming it would seem. Hopefully he'll keep practicing and get better. I got him a great book, Knitting With Balls: A Hands-On Guide to Knitting for the Modern Man. Lots of fun stuff that men might actually wear or use. At this point though, he's still working on the practice square.
Me, I'm knitting hats and gloves for the friends moving from AZ to MI. I'm pretty certain that no one in their family has ever lived north of the Mason-Dixon line. And while I've done the majority of my living in the south, I did spend 8 years in northern IN, so I have a pretty good idea of how cold it's gonna get up there. They're going to have to get very familiar with down and wool. Hopefully no one's allergic!
I've never knit gloves before. That's my other adventure. Socks are one thing, but the half-fingers on the glove are going to be a challenge. The ones I'm knitting are those convertible fingerless glove/mitten things. I'm also about three iches away from finishing P's socks. Hopefully I'll get those done today or tomorrow. Then I can post a new picture of the next project!

No comments: