Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The In-Between

Well, we had a wonderful time with the in-laws this past week. We got home in the evening on Saturday. The animals were happy and healthy. (we decided to go with a house sitter rather than board them and I know that really helped them-and us-feel better.) I got to rest and let the grandparents take care of L. As I suspected might happen, L finally decided that the potty wasn't so bad and just about overnight she's potty trained. (I'm doin' the happy mama dance over here!) She only had one accident at the in-laws, and thank goodness it was on the hardwood kitchen floor, not on their carpet.
The weather up there was really pretty good. It was much cooler than down here and we went to the Baltimore Zoo on Tues. It was surprisingly good. We saw polar bears, giraffes, elephants, penguins, and a lot of other cool animals, but those were the favorites.
Here is where I pause to thank the stars that I have wonderful in-laws and we all get along well. MIL really helped out and we took turns taking L to the potty about every 10 minutes (or at least it seemed that way). L took a real shine to her Uncle M, daddy's younger bro by about 3 years.
Now that we're home I have to unpack, wash and repack for our trip to Canada. I really can't wait! I know the driving will be long and tiring, but I really can't wait to canoe and boat and watch loons and muscrats and herons on the lake. I'll try to post some pics when we get back since I've talked about it so much lately.
Well, I need to start my lists of things to do and find before we leave again on Friday.

No comments: