Monday, July 30, 2007

Time for a quick catch up

Well, we had a wonderful trip to Canada. The weather was really nice, warm during the day and cool at night. Even the day we had rain was nice. The rain was lovely to hear pattering on the water and in the leaves. I got to hear the loons call, probably my favorite lake sound. We went out in the boat and took some wonderful pictures.































Here are a few more of the lake and the "cottage" we stay in (all boats have to go under the bridge to get from the cottage out onto the lake):


























































On a different note, I have a face-to-face interview with The Church Much Nearer to the In-laws in the middle of August. I'm already nervous about that. Last time I had one of those, they picked the other candidate, so I'm already psyching myself out about my chances. Prayers please.

We'll be celebrating L's third birthday this coming weekend. My family is trekking down from N'ville to be with us and bring her her new big girl bed. She's been needing it for a while, but we could just never coordinate schedules and U-hauls to get it down here. I think she'll be excited. She got to pick out the comforter and sheets a while back and she loves to pull them out and "nest" in them. I can't believe she's almost 3! More on that later...

1 comment:

Teri said...

Happy birthday L! a mere two days from now, I know.

How odd. It seems like last weekend that we were going to your house to help out because it was "time."

Hope the interview goes well....

:-)