Sunday, November 18, 2007

Becoming Real

L and I settled into our temporary quarters in our new town. We drove for 9 hours straight with the dog and two cats. I was so glad to get out of the car. We'll be staying in a furnished one-bedroom apt. for about 2 or 3 months. It really depends on when P can get a job and move up here. It's a nice enough place, small, but not smaller than the place we lived in at the seminary, of course, we didn't have a kid and a small menagerie at that point either. :)
It's starting to sink in that I won't be going back to Huge Southern City, seeing all of our friends at Old (in so many ways) Church.
And ok, I admit, the worst part, to me, is going to be finding all the new places I'll have to go. P got me a going away present of a Garmin GPS. I have to say, I feel a lot better having it to guide me around in unfamiliar territory. But now there are things like finding a good grocery, a good pediatrician, a good family doctor, a good vet, a good child-caregiver, a good hair stylist, etc, etc, etc. Where is the post office, the library, the Target, the local coffee shop?
I start my first day in the office the Monday after T'giving. I really am looking forward to finally doing the job I spent 3 years in school training for and even though I didn't really love the 3 years I spent as an office admin, I think they really helped me prepare for the things they don't teach you about in seminary.
Please pray for my sanity as I live with all the critters in such a small space, without P for a couple months, beginning a new job in a new place...

No comments: