Saturday, August 19, 2006

Today's Blessings

Today many members of our church went to the tri-presbytery leadership event. There were over 500 people there to take workshops on everything from developing a good nursery, to preventing domestic abuse, to how to ease the transition of a loved one into assisted living.
So as far as blessings, it's hard to know where to start, but here are a few things I'm thankful for:
  • Seeing many old friends from seminary with whom I'd lost touch
  • learning new things to take back to my congregation
  • meeting someone who knew my father way back when
  • hearing over 500 people sing with gusto-I'm from a small church, I love all those voices!
It was a great day and I am excited to share what I learned and hear what the others learned. I hope you all learned something fun today too.

No comments: