Sunday, December 30, 2007

You can call me Reverend

Well, it's official as of today. I am finally ordained. It was a wonderful service. I couldn't have had better folks on the commission. My father was here to give the sermon. My mom and sister are here as well and they are all staying for a few days to visit. My in-laws were able to drive down and stay for the service and then went home again. I'm in one of those small churches where about 75% of the people can come down for the laying on of hands, including my mom and P. It was really amazing. My dad presented me with the cross that he'd worn for the entire time he was in ministry and made pretty much the whole congregation tear up. It couldn't have been better. As if I didn't have enough surprises, a couple from the church that sponsored me when I first became an inquirer back in IN was in town and came to present our church with a peace candle that has been passed from church to church, beginning in Russia many years ago. They were able to take pictures and well-wishes back with them, and for that I am very grateful.
In other news, P had to leave today, but had a good interview for a job while he was here. We're hoping to hear from the place this week to know if he gets an offer or not. So, pins and needles around here, waiting to hear if P will be able to come up here sooner rather than later. We all miss him lots. Send your prayers for positive news on the job front.
L is wired from getting to see both families of grandparents and her aunt and uncle and Daddy all in one week. Not to mention all the presents and new things to read and play with. So much excitement!
Lots going on. I'm looking forward to a few days off to spend some time with my family of origin and maybe do some retail therapy. Hope everyone has a wonderful new year!

3 comments:

more cows than people said...

again, congratulations!

sounds absolutely glorious! as it should have been!

alleluia!

blessings on the job front for p.

Teri said...

congrats! I'm glad it was so excellent.

On the other hand, though, if you already need a few days off, you might be in trouble! :-)

Rivkah said...

Well, L and I have been sick since about the first week we got here and having to jump right into Advent, Christmas, ordination, well, it's been a lot to start out with, especially not having P around. So, a few days off to recoup were welcome.