Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Old Friends and New Additions

I got a phone call, just out of the blue today, from the woman who is probably my closest and dearest friend from seminary. It was so good to hear from her. She took her first call way out in the Wild West Wilderness and it's been hard to keep in touch. She has a daughter about 5 months younger than L, so that keeps her busy too. But we talked for probably and hour and a half today. It was so nice to hear from her, though it made me acutely aware of how much I miss her. I was very emotional when I hung up the phone. It turns out she's taking another call, though it's really not any closer to us, just a different far away place.
On the other hand, it inspired me to call another dear seminary couple only to find out that they've recently had a baby girl-their first child. You can find out about more about her at Concrete Wilderness. I had to teasingly berate them for not letting us know about this momentous occasion. I couldn't believe we hadn't talked in over 9 months to know about that!!
It was so nice to catch up. None of us are very good at keeping in touch. This was just what I needed in the midst of the frustration of call searching. Praise God for such wonderful friends!

No comments: