Monday, March 05, 2007

Knitting therapy and Jesus bones(?!)

Well, at the moment I am, let's say, between jobs. I am seeking a call at the moment, and even have some irons in the fire, but the staying at home full time in the meanwhile is a bit much on the nerves. So, I knit... a lot. (I still maintain that it's a weight loss tool.) While Little One and I are having lots of fun together, I do look forward to handing her over to Daddy when he gets home. She's still at the age where she needs constant attention--though I'm not sure there's ever an age that doesn't, maybe once she moves out?
At the moment, I have 3 knitting projects going. A pair of socks for DH, a sweater for DH, and I'm trying my hand at felting, or fulling, as some people prefer to call it. It's cool. I did a swatch- you actually shrink things on purpose. I have a hard time with this, as the sweater I'm currently working on is to replace one that I shrunk accidentally. So I bravely knit on, knowing it will soon be 3/4 (or less!) it's original size.

Did anyone else watch the "Tomb of Jesus" docu-drama on Discovery last night? I thought it was well done. Maybe not scientifically iron-clad, but it put forth a lot of good questions. My DH, a good scientist and pretty good Presbyterian himself, has been talking about it alot and asking such good, heretical questions, as "So what? If the idea is that Jesus died for our sins, it's the dying that's important right? And if there are bones, there must have been death." Ooo, we had to have a discussion about the resurrection after that, but I'm not sure he's convinced. I'm also not convinced even a little that what they had on the film was the tomb of Jesus-though it was fun to talk about all the questions it raised. I love a good theological discussion late at night!

No comments: